Have you recently bought a new Tp-link Wi-Fi router to enjoy seamless internet access? Now it needs to be configured the router and set up. Are you thinking of the setting procedure would be full of hassles? Let us tell you, the entire set up process of Tp-Link is entirely facile.
You can easily set up your brand-new TP-link router and use it like hassle-free! Tp-link is one of the few brands providing us with the budget-friendly routers with optimum quality. It is mainly a box that allows for multiple laptops, smartphones, and other electronic gadgets to connect the same network.
From there, it is directly connected to a modem that can efficiently provide a robust internet connection to any device. However, let us quickly dig into this guide which aims to help you get over the first time set up process for your Tp-link router.
TP-link Router – Setup Procedure
Follow this setup procedure to get a superior internet activity:
1. Log in to the TP-link router from your computer
You should have a working port or a network card associated with connecting to the ADSL router. These premium instructions comprise of default router set up. If they do not work, contact the customer care team of TP-link.
- Open a favorable browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and type this code to the address bar: http://192.168.0.1. or go through tplinkwifi.net. After that, press ‘enter’.
- Once a new page arrives, it will require a username and password. The username and password will be ‘Admin’.
- Now click on ‘Let’s Get started/Log-in’.
2. Creating a Secured Connection
If you are new to set up the modem for the first time, follow these steps:
- At first, open any browser.
- Type the address of the router page on the address bar.
- Log in your TP-link account by providing all the necessary credentials such as username and password.
3. Internet Connectivity – PPPoE Configuration
- Opt for the PPPoE and head-on ‘Next’.
- Enter the necessary portal username in the PPPoE username box.
- Type the secured portal password in the PPPoE password field.
- Now, click ‘save’.
4. Wi-Fi Connectivity – Router SSID or Password Configuration
Here, you need to follow these steps to set up router SSID:
- Enter your preferable Wi-Fi name in SSID and also provide a unique name for both Ghz and Ghz setting.
- Enter your preferable password. Remember the password should contain special characters.
- Now, click on ‘save’.
Your wireless security settings have updated now, and you can quickly connect your devices to it:
- You can any time change your wireless security settings.
- Dual-band means it has a 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz band.
- If your TP-link router possesses a guest network, there are some other ways to control it.
5. Firmware Upgrade
In this specific step, quickly follow these:
- Go to the ‘System Tools’.
- After that, Click on ‘Firmware Upgrade’.
- After that, upload the new firmware file.
- Finally, hit on the ‘upgrade firmware’ option.
6. Channel Change
Channels are the vital mediums through which your TP-link router sends signals to other devices. There are many channels to choose from! This is wholly based on the frequency at which your TP-link router works at bands 2.4 GHz.
- Download the Wi-Fi analyzer app from play store (For Android).
- After that, opt for viewing different channels.
- 4 GHz channel numbers would be in the range of 1 to 13.
- It will demonstrate which channel is having more utilization and which one is the least. Opting for a channel with minimum usage will provide the maximum advantage.
With these easy steps, you can do the entire set up procedure of a TP-link router by yourself. After which you can efficiently join the wireless connection with the SSID followed by a password. We hope this guide, as mentioned above, will significantly help you to curtail all the hassles of the router set up. Every step of this guide is easily comprehensible to the readers. If you want to avail of the superior features of TP-link purchase it from an online or offline store. If you have any queries regarding this guide, kindly let us know. We will be happy to cater to you!