IP (Internet Protocol) consists of a string of numbers that is unique to a particular in a network. If you desire to make certain changes like changing the name of your network or creating a password of the router, then there is a requirement of the IP address of your router.
However, if you can’t recall your router’s IP address, then go through this page.
Best Ways to Find Router IP Address:
1. Using Control Panel
The followings are the steps that will help you to locate your router’s IP Address with the help of the Control Panel.
- Open the search of your windows, type “Control Panel” and click on that icon.
- Tap on the “View Network Status And Tasks” and then choose the “Network and Internet” option.
- After this, locate the “Wi-Fi” option (next to connections) and click on it.
- A pop-up window will appear, in that tap on the “Details” option.
- After this, you will find your IP address under “IPv4 Default Gateway”.
2. Using Command Prompt
The followings are the steps that will help you to locate your router’s IP Address with the help of the Command Prompt.
- On your search bar, write CMD and click on “Command Prompt”.
- After that type “ipconfig”
- Then you can view your router’s IP under Default Gateway.
How to locate a router’s IP address using a Mac?
If you want to find the IP address of your router by using a Mac, then follow these below-mentioned steps:
- Select “System Preferences” by clicking on the “Apple” icon that you will find on the left side of your screen.
- After this, click on the “Network” option.
- From the list, select your network and tap on the “Advanced” option below.
- Then, tap on “TCP/IP” to find your router’s IP address. You will find your IP address just beside “Router”.
How to find the IP address of the router with the Terminal App?
The followings are the steps to find the IP address of your router with the help of the Terminal App.
- First and foremost, open your “Applications” folder then click on “Utilities” and finally open the “Terminal App”.
- After this, type “netstat -nr/grep default” and then click on the “Enter” button.
- You will find your IP address (192.168.0.1)just next to “Default”.
How to find the router’s IP address in Chrome OS?
If you are using a Chrome book then these following steps will help you to find your router’s IP address.
- Firstly of all, tap on the “Notification” icon of your taskbar.
- A list will appear, from there click on the “Connected to Network Name”.
- After that, select the name of your wireless network.
- Then, in that window, tap on the “Network” option. You can see your IP address just next to “Gateway”.
Overall, these are the steps with which you can easily view the IP address of your router. We hope these above-mentioned steps will be of immense help to you. So, why wait? Follow these steps now and find your router’s IP address if you have forgotten it.