Have you recently set up a wireless connection to your home? If so, you will certainly know that multiple devices can be connected without a password wirelessly. In the case of password-protected Wi-Fi, you have to enter a password to gain access.
Accessibility of multiple users is sufficient to sluggish the network quality and degradation of speed. This guide is all about blocking those wi-fi users on your home network. To execute this efficiently, go through these hassle-free steps below.
Block WiFi Users on Different Routers:
- Now, open your existing browser and visit 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1.
- Make sure to log in with your credentials such as username and password.
- Thereafter, go to Advance > Security > Access Control.
- Here you will see a plethora of devices that are accessing your Wi-Fi.
- After that, hit the ‘block’ icon and then save.
- Open any of the favorable browsers while connecting to this NetGear router.
- After that, visit https://www.routerlogin.net or https://www.routerlogin.com.
- In this step, enter your username and followed by a valid password to log in to your router. Well, enter the username and password such as ‘admin’ and ‘password’ if it works, then okay. Otherwise, you might have changed those credentials and made sure to enter those which were set up earlier by you.
- Now go to Advanced > Advanced Setup > Wireless settings.
- Thereafter, hit the “Set up Access List” option.
- On the next page, hit the “Add” and select those device names from the available lists and finally click ‘apply’.
- Now make sure to turn the control on and apply those changes.
- First, open your preferred browser and open 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 default gateway IP on that.
- Now make sure to login with your credentials such as admin/admin.
- Thereafter, visit the wireless > Advanced wireless > hit ACL set up.
- Now click on “Enable wireless access control mode” and pick MAC addresses that you want to grant permission to.
- Finally, after making those significant changes, hit the save button by clicking apply.
Using Mobile Applications:
Due to the advancement of technology, there are various effective applications now ruling the tech market. These third-party tools can efficiently block those wifi users. You can install these apps on your device in exchange for logging into your router’s control panel.
Therefore, ‘Fing’ is that application that provides help by not only blocking intruders and unrecognized devices but also sends you the information of a user who recently logged into your wi-fi. It also provides authentic information on MAC addresses, IP addresses, models, vendors, and device names, and so on.
Regardless of how a device connected to your Wi-Fi network, you can effectively block them with the help of configuring your router. Make sure to quickly block those unrecognized devices on your network as those could be hackers. They could surreptitiously access your private data and documents. Just block them quickly in order to protect your device and important documents.